Cohabitas: SpareRoom for over 40s?
Finding a compatible living arrangement can be a challenging task, especially if you are no longer a student or young adult. Traditional house sharing websites often cater to a younger demographic, making it difficult for mature individuals to connect with like-minded people in their age group.
At Cohabitas we aim to fill this gap and cater specifically for sharers either looking for or offering a spare room for over 40s. Plenty of people in their 50s, 60s and beyond are looking for like-minded others in the same group. There are lots of options!
The Niche Focus of Cohabitas
Similar to other house sharing websites, Cohabitas aims to help people find suitable housemates and living spaces. What sets Cohabitas apart is its tailored approach for the over 40s community. Recognising the specific needs and preferences of this demographic, the platform emphasises finding like-minded individuals who share similar interests and lifestyles. The majority of individuals offering a room on the site are live-in landlords – who will make the experience feel much more like a home.
Benefits of Cohabitas for Over 40s
- Shared Experiences: Cohabitas acknowledges that life experiences play a significant role in shaping a person’s preferences and values. By catering exclusively to the over 40s house sharers, our platform fosters connections between individuals who have more in common.
- Compatibility: We aim to focus on people, rather than just rooms. Both landlords and housemates looking for rooms are encouraged to create a detailed listing, describing their lifestyle, personality, and what sort of housemate they are looking for. This makes lasting house shares and friendships more likely.
- Supportive Community: Moving into a shared space can be daunting, but Cohabitas strives to create a warm and supportive community. Housemates in the same age group can better understand each other’s needs, providing a strong foundation for building friendships and support systems.
- Lifestyle Amenities: Many of our landlords offer spacious rooms, many of them with their own bathroom, and more often than not larger houses with outside space.
- Safety and Security: Users connect with potential housemates through our secure messaging system before exchanging personal email addresses or phone numbers, or meeting in person. We encourage everyone to make use of this to remain safe online.
How Cohabitas Works
Cohabitas’ user-friendly interface makes the process of finding a suitable housemate or living space easier. Upon signing up, users create detailed listings that include their sharing preferences, hobbies, and tips for successful sharing. (Full details can be found in User Support pages).
You are free to browse listings and see what is available in your area. Once you have found a suitable property or housemate, simply connect via the secure messaging service. We offer Premium memberships that allow you to message any user on the platform. With a basic membership you can still contact any other Premium members, if this is all you need.
We hope to provide a good solution for everyone embarking on a new chapter, ready to welcome new people into their lives for a renewed sense of companionship and support.
Get in touch with us if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions. Good luck on your house sharing journey!
Register to receive our newsletter. You can manage and cancel your subscription in Account Details found in the main menu.